What is our independent study program?
Students work online to complete their classwork with guidance from their advisors.
Students that may excel in our independent study program:
- Highly gifted students who are not challenged in their regular classrooms and wish to accelerate.
- Students who face particular challenges—such as health issues or employment obligations—that make classroom attendance difficult.
- Students who, for a variety of reasons, have fallen behind in their studies and need an individualized approach to fill in gaps in their learning and are credit deficient.
- Students who want an individualized approach that allows them to delve more deeply into areas of special interest – such as Dance, Acting, Sports.
What our advisors do:
- Keep independent study students caught up with weekly meetings to update them on grades and class progress.
- Connect them with our credentialed teachers and counselor for any questions they may have about classes and grades.
- Act as a guide to help them plan out their weekly class schedule.